One thing that isn’t too sexy to talk about is oral health. But if you think about it, your mouth really is your body’s focal point. Unless you plan on never talking or laughing, the first thing everyone sees is your teeth, whether because you’ve opened your mouth to chat, or you’ve found something funny and have just given that cute little smile of yours. If you’ve ever wished you get could whiter teeth for less, below are 5 easy tips on how to whip those pearly whites into shape!
1) Try to Avoid Coffee and TeaThis probably sounds like the worst punishment of all punishments, but I’m not saying to totallyavoid caffeinated beverages, just try to do so. The more coffee and tea you drink (especially the darker liquids), the more it stains your teeth, leading to a discoloration that really isn’t cute. And contrary to popular belief, even green tea will stain your teeth. However, drinking herbal teas is just fine, so chug away!
2) Eat Strawberries by the DozenSounds strange, but it’s true. Strawberries’ acidity ‘bleaches’ your teeth in a way, so rather than going to a dentist to get an expensive professional bleaching, just eat your daily dose of strawberries. Not to mention, they’re delicious and nutritious!
3) Use Whitening ToothpasteIf you’re looking to get a little ‘teeth-lift’ on the cheap, then go to your local shop or pharmacy and buy some whitening toothpaste. Brush twice a day and you’ll be sure to notice a difference after about a week. Of course, not all whitening toothpastes are created equal. I would recommend Arm and Hammer’s toothpastes (they contain baking soda, which has been naturally proven to bleach your teeth), as well as Colgate’s toothpastes (Colgate has been around forever and is a trusted brand by dentists).
4) Rub a Little Baking Soda on ‘EmIf you feel like you’re not seeing an immediate result from the whitening toothpastes, try buying a package of baking soda/powder, dipping your finger in there, and rubbing it along the fronts of your teeth. Leave it on for abut 5 min before you brush with your normal toothpaste.
5) The Ultimate: A Teeth Whitening KitUltimately, these all may be quick fixes, but if you want a lasting dazzling smile, then I’d say the way to go is with a whitening kit. I’ve been a fan of these ever since they came on the market. Why? Because you’re not subject to a dentist making you pay extortionate prices for scary luminescent teeth (let’s be real, those people that get their teeth professionally whitened look kind of like glow-in-the-dark monsters). With whitening kits you can control how white you want to go, and they last you ages if you don’t use them everyday (insider tip: I only use one whitening strip per week, and I always get compliments on my teeth!). I’ve tried a lot of kits out, but I’d have to say my favourite is Mint Cosmetic’s home whitening kits. It’s hassle-free because you can even order them online, for waaay less than other kits.
Check it out at: https://www.mintcosmetics.com/